- Servings: 6 to 8
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
This cheesy baked pasta with meat sauce is perfect for busy weeknight dinners. Serve with a simple green salad and garlic bread for a crowd-pleasing feast.
|12 oz||No Yolks® Fine Noodles|
|2 Tbsps||olive oil|
|1 lb||extra-lean ground beef|
|1/2 tsp||black pepper|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|1 Tbsp||dried Italian seasoning|
|1 can (28 0z)||crushed tomatoes|
|1/4 cup||thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, divided|
|2 cups||shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/4 cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook noodles according to package directions for 5 to 6 minutes or until par-cooked; drain.
- Meanwhile, into large skillet set over medium-high heat, add oil. Add beef, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in onion, garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is starting to soften.
- Stir in tomatoes and half the basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in noodles until well coated.
- Transfer mixture to greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until noodles are tender and cheese is bubbling.
- Garnish with remaining basil before serving.
Substitute ground beef with ground turkey if preferred. Substitute mozzarella with fontina or provolone cheese if desired.