One-Pot Garden Chicken and Noodles
- Servings: 4
This hearty recipe cooks the noodles in the sauce and creates a delicious, rich flavor that you just can’t get when cooking in water.
|6 oz||No Yolks® Whole Grain Extra Broad|
|3/4 lb||boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch pieces|
|1/3 cup||onion, finely chopped|
|14 1/2 oz||chicken broth|
|10 oz||frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained|
|10 3/4 oz||condensed cream of chicken soup|
|3/4 cup||grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|4 oz||diced pimiento, drained|
- Melt butter in heavy 5-quart saucepan over medium heat; add chicken and onion. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add chicken broth; heat to boiling. Stir in uncooked noodles and peas and carrots, stirring to coat evenly with liquid.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer on medium heat 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until most liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together soup, milk, 1/2 cup cheese and pimiento until smooth; stir into noodle mixture.
- Simmer until heated through. Serve sprinkled with remaining cheese.