- Servings: 6
This nutritious soup is loaded with vegetables and has a zesty flavor that your family will love.
|2 cups||No Yolks® Broad Noodles|
|1 Tbsp||olive oil|
|1||red bell pepper, chopped|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1||red onion, chopped|
|1 medium||zucchini, diced|
|1 medium||yellow squash, diced|
|2 cups||sliced mushrooms|
|1 tsp||dried oregano leaves, crushed|
|1/4 tsp||dried thyme leaves, crushed|
|1/4 tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|14 1/2 oz.||crushed tomatoes|
|2 Tbsps||tomato paste|
|2 cups||cooked turkey, diced|
|4 cups||chicken broth, divided|
|1 Tbsp||fresh basil leaves, minced|
|6 Tbsps||shredded Gruyere or Asiago cheese|
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven. Add bell pepper. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic, onion, zucchini, squash and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender, not mushy.
- Stir in oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and turkey.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes to blend flavors. Stir in cooked noodles and basil. Heat through.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon cheese over each serving.