Slow Cooker Picadillo over Noodles
- Servings: 4
Picadillo is a popular Latin dish with ground beef and peppers in a sweet, spicy tomato sauce. Serve over tender noodles to soak up the rich flavor.
|3 cups||No Yolks® Broad Noodle|
|1 lb||ground beef|
|1 Tbsp||vegetable oil|
|1||garlic clove, minced|
|1||green bell pepper, chopped|
|1||jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped|
|14 1/2 oz||diced tomatoes, undrained|
|3 Tbsps||tomato paste|
|1/2 cup||beef broth|
|1/2 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp||ground cumin powder|
|1/4 tsp||chipotle chile powder|
|1/4 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1/3 cup||dried apricots, chopped|
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add garlic, green pepper, chile and onion. Cook over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until vegetables are tender.
- Spoon cooked vegetables into 3 to 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, cinnamon, cumin, chile powder, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Stir in raisins and apricots. Add ground beef, breaking into small chunks.
- Cover slow cooker and cook at LOW setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. To serve: Spoon cooked noodles into large serving dish; top with picadillo.