Bacon Brussels Sprout Noodle Bake
Bacon and Brussels sprouts with noodles, cheesy sauce, and crispy shallots are the perfect combination for a cold day. A recipe loaded with flavor and warmth!
|12 oz||No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles|
|1 lb||shredded Brussels Sprouts|
|1 1/2 cups||shredded Gruyere|
|1 cup||vegetable oil|
|2||shallots, thinly sliced|
|freshly ground black pepper|
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain, then chop and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add shredded brussels sprouts to skillet and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to bowl with bacon. Add noodles to bowl.
- Make cheese sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and cook through, 1 minute. Whisk in milk and let simmer. Remove from heat and add cheese, stirring until combined. Pour cheese sauce over noodles and toss to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Make crispy shallots: In same skillet, heat oil and shallots over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Top with crispy shallots and bake until bubbly and golden, 20 minutes.