Cacio e Pepe Noodle Soup
- Servings: 6
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
This simple but satisfying “cheese” and “pepper” soup is loaded with No Yolks® Broad for a tasty variation of an Italian classic pasta dish.
|8 oz.||No Yolks® Broad|
|2 Tbsp||olive oil|
|1 head||rapini, trimmed and chopped|
|1/2 lb||mushrooms, sliced|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|6 cup||reduced sodium vegetable broth|
|1/2 cup||35% heavy cream|
|1 cup||Pecorino Romano cheese, grated and divided|
|2 tsp||freshly cracked black pepper|
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Cook rapini, mushrooms, garlic and salt for 5 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms start to brown and rapini starts to soften.
- Stir in broth and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in cream; bring back to a simmer. Remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese and black pepper. Serve with sprinkle of remaining cheese.
- Substitute vegetable broth with chicken broth if desired.
- Substitute Pecorino Romano with Parmesan cheese if desired.