Chicken Parmesan Soup
- Servings: 4
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
This family friendly soup is perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
|6 oz.||No Yolks® Extra Broad|
|1/4 cup||olive oil, divided|
|12 oz.||boneless and skinless chicken breast, sliced|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|2 cans||(each 10 oz.) condensed tomato soup|
|3 cups||reduced sodium chicken broth|
|1 cup||frozen peas|
|1/4 cup||fresh basil, thinly sliced|
|1 1/2 cups||mozzarella, shredded|
|1/2 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1/2 cup||bread crumbs|
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat. Cook chicken, garlic, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until chicken starts to brown.
- Stir in 3 cups water, tomato soup and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in pasta and cook for 8 minutes. Stir in peas and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until pasta is tender and peas are cooked. Stir in basil.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler to high. Divide soup into 4 crocks. Top with shredded mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are golden brown and toasted.
Substitute mozzarella with fontina or provolone cheese for variation.