Chilled Noodles w Brussels Sprouts Bacon and Lemon Tahini Dressing
Introduce Brussels sprouts into your weekly dinners with this meal mixed with a tasty tahini dressing and with ingredients that complement each other so well!
|No Yolks Fine Noodles
|bacon, finely chopped
|fresh lemon juice
|1/4 tsp each
|kosher salt and ground black pepper
|shredded Brussels Sprouts
|thinly sliced, stemmed Tuscan kale
|fresh pomegranate seeds
- Cook noodles in salted water as directed on package. Rinse with cold water until cool; drain.
- Toast almonds in medium dry skillet on medium heat 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Transfer to small bowl. Cook bacon in same skillet on medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp.
- Drain well on paper towel-lined plate. Whisk tahini, mayonnaise, water, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper in liquid measuring cup. Toss Brussels sprouts, kale, bacon, almonds, 1/2 cup cheese and half of the dressing in large bowl.
- Add noodles and remaining dressing; mix gently. Top with remaining cheese, pomegranate seeds and additional black pepper before serving.
- Tahini is a delicious paste made of toasted, ground sesame seeds. Similar to nut butters, it is often sold in jars and sometimes separates while on the shelf. Make sure to stir well before using.
- To prepare ahead of time, prep the ingredients separately and store covered in the refrigerator. Toss immediately before serving.
- Substitute dried cranberries for the pomegranate seeds.