Classic Paella Casserole
- Servings: 6
- Prep: 15m
- Cook Time: 30m
This Classic Paella Casserole has all the lovely flavors of the Spanish rice dish in an impressive-looking meal that takes less than an hour to make.
|12 oz||No Yolks® Broad|
|¼ cup||olive oil|
|8 oz||cured chorizo sausage, diced|
|1||red pepper, diced|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|½ tsp||saffron threads|
|¼ cup||tomato paste|
|¼ tsp each||salt and pepper|
|½ cup||dry white wine|
|2 cups||sodium-reduced chicken broth|
|1 lb||peeled, deveined shrimp, tail removed (21 to 25 count)|
|1 cup||cherry tomatoes, halved|
|½ cup||frozen peas|
|⅓ cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|2 Tbsp||fresh parsley, finely chopped|
|Lemon wedges, for serving|
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook sausage, onion, red pepper and garlic for about 5 minutes or until sausage starts to brown and vegetables are slightly softened. Stir in paprika and saffron; cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste, cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in wine; bring to boil. Stir in broth and return to boil; cook for about 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Fold in pasta, shrimp, tomatoes and peas until well coated in sauce; stir in Parmesan cheese. Transfer to greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through and casserole is heated through. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with lemon wedges.