Filet Mignon over Savory Noodles
This easy and mouthwatering recipe recipe won’t break your wallet. With ingredients like beef tenderloin or steak, mushrooms, onions and garlic, who can resist?
|3 cups||No Yolks Broad Noodles|
|1/4 cup||dry red wine|
|2 Tbsps||balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp||soy sauce|
|1||garlic clove, smashed|
|1/2 tsp||dried rosemary, crushed|
|12 oz||boneless beef tenderloin or beef round steak, cut into thin strips|
|4 tsps||olive oil|
|1||red onion, chopped|
|1 cup||sliced mushrooms|
|1/2 tsp||salt, divided|
|1/2 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1 cup||beef broth|
|2 Tbsps||parsley, chopped|
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, stir together red wine, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and rosemary. Add steak and baste with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 3 hours. Remove steak from refrigerator. Reserve marinade.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large heavy-bottomed skillet. Add onion and mushrooms; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook over medium heat for 7 minutes or until tender. Scoop vegetables out of skillet.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in skillet. Pat beef dry. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add beef to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 6 minutes per side or until medium rare. Remove and set aside, foil-covered to keep warm.
- Pour marinade into skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and scrape up browned bits. Add beef broth and bring to a boil. Add onion, mushrooms and cooked noodles, stir and heat through.
- Spoon noodles and vegetables onto a platter. Add beef and parsley.