Holiday Beef Stew with Noodles
Try this hearty, flavorful one-pot meal with delicate beef pieces, autumn-colored veggies, and delicious sauce. Simmer down your meal!
|1 Tbsp||olive oil, divided|
|1||garlic clove, minced|
|2 cups||sliced mushrooms, undrained|
|20 oz||boneless beef round, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1/4 cup||dry red wine|
|1 cup||low sodium beef broth|
|1 can||(14 1/2 oz.) fire roasted diced tomatoes|
|1 Tbsp||tomato paste|
|1/4 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1/4 tsp||dried thyme leaves, crushed|
|1/4 tsp||dried rosemary, crushed|
|3 cups||No Yolks Extra Broad Noodles|
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, celery and mushrooms. Cook 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until onion is tender. Remove vegetables.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to skillet. Dust beef with flour and add to skillet. Brown over medium heat, about 2 minutes per side, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in wine and scrape up browned bits. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf and carrot.
- Return vegetables to skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 90 minutes, or until beef and carrots are tender.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- To serve, spoon noodles into large shallow bowl. Remove bay leaf from stew. Top hot cooked noodles with beef stew.