Pepperoni and Cheese Casserole
- Servings: 6
A delicious twist on pizza night, this hearty noodle casserole can be garnished to taste with your favorite pizza toppings.
|4 cups||No Yolks® Dumplings|
|1 1/2 Tbsps||unsalted butter|
|1 1/2 Tbsps||all purpose flour|
|1 cup||half and half|
|1/4 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1/2 tsp||oregano leaves, crushed|
|1 cup||ricotta cheese|
|1/2 cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/4 cup||egg substitute|
|1 cup||marinara sauce|
|1 cup||reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese|
|2 oz||pepperoni, chopped|
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a large pot. Stir in flour to form a paste. Gradually stir in half-and-half over low heat, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in salt, pepper and oregano. Stir in ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and liquid egg equivalent. Stir in cooked noodles. Remove from heat.
- Grease a large, shallow casserole dish, about 10 inches in diameter. Spoon in noodle mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350ºF oven for 10 minutes. Remove.
- Spread marinara sauce over noodle layer. Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese. Arrange pepperoni on top. Return casserole to 350ºF oven and bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese melts and casserole is set. Remove from oven.
- Set aside 5 minutes before serving.