Yummier Than Mom’s Turkey Casserole
- Servings: 6
This creamy, reliable classic delivers on easy preparation, tradition and home-cooked flavor.
|2 1/2 cups||No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles|
|1 each||onion, chopped|
|1 each||celery, chopped|
|1 cup||mushrooms, chopped|
|1 cup||carrot, sliced|
|2 cups||cooked turkey cubes|
|2 cans||(10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup|
|1 tbsp||fresh sage, chopped|
|1/4 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1 cup||shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|1/2 cup||corn flakes|
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Melt margarine in large nonstick skillet. Add onion, celery and mushrooms. Cook 5 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in carrots, turkey, soup, sage and pepper. Stir in cooked noodles.
- Grease a 2 1/2 or 3-quart glass casserole dish. Spoon half the cooked noodles mixture into the dish. Sprinkle on half the cheese. Top with remaining noodle mixture. Sprinkle on remaining cheese. Top with cornflakes.
- Bake in preheated 350ºF oven 25 to 30 minutes or until cornflakes are lightly toasted and mixture is bubbly.