Mexican-Style Noodles and Bean Soup
- Servings: 6
Get a taste of Mexican flavors without leaving your kitchen! With this Mexican-Style Noodles and Bean soup you will make a journey through a variety of culinary experiences.
|2 1/2 cups||No Yolks® Fine Noodles|
|1 Tbsp||olive oil|
|1||red onion, chopped|
|1||garlic clove, minced|
|1||jalapeño pepper, sliced|
|1||red bell pepper|
|1/2 tsp||oregano leaves, crushed|
|1/4 tsp||ground cumin powder|
|1/4 tsp||smoked paprika|
|1/4 tsp||ground black pepper|
|14 1/2 oz||crushed tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted|
|15 oz||pinto beans, drained and rinsed|
|5 cups||chicken broth|
|3/4 cup||shredded pepper jack cheese|
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, jalapeño, bell pepper and celery. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add oregano, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, beans and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles and simmer for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese.