Butternut Squash, Sage and Sausage Casserole
- Servings: 6
- Prep: 10
- Cook Time: 40
With a creamy sauce, flavorful herbs and savory sausage, this Italian-inspired Butternut Squash, Sage and Sausage Casserole is filled with wonderful flavors that will conquer even the most sophisticated palates.
|12 oz.||No Yolks® Extra Broad|
|1/3 cup||olive oil, divided|
|1 lb||Italian sausages, casing removed|
|3||garlic cloves, sliced|
|1/2 cup||fresh sage, torn and divided|
|2 cups||sodium-reduced vegetable broth|
|4 cups||butternut squash, diced|
|3/4 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated and divided|
|1/2 cup||bread crumbs|
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, green pepper and red pepper for about 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in tomato paste and chipotle; cook for 1 minute. 3. Stir in broth; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer; whisk in cream cheese until smooth and melted. Fold in chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss sauce with pasta until well coated. Transfer to greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
- Substitute butter for olive oil if preferred.