Caprese Tomato Noodle Soup
- Servings: 4
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Perfect for back-to-school dinners, this tomato soup is loaded with crowd-pleasing fresh flavors and lots of yummy noodles.
|8 oz||No Yolks® Extra Broad|
|1/4 cup||olive oil, divided|
|1/4 cup||tomato paste|
|1||large carrot, chopped|
|3 cloves||garlic, chopped|
|4 cups||sodium-reduced vegetable broth|
|3 cups||coarsely chopped tomatoes|
|1 cup||halved cherry tomatoes|
|8 oz||fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced|
|1/4 cup||fresh basil leaves, torn|
|2 Tbsp||balsamic glaze|
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp oil in large saucepan set over medium heat; cook tomato paste, onion, carrot and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth and tomatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Using hand blender, purée soup until smooth; return to boil. Stir in pasta and cook for 1 minute.
- Divide soup among 4 bowls. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, cheese and basil. Drizzle with remaining oil and balsamic glaze.
Substitute chicken broth for vegetable broth if preferred. This soup is perfect for fall when tomatoes are ripe, but greenhouse or vine-ripened tomatoes work equally well.