Chicken Pot Pie
This Chicken Pot Pie recipe, made with noodles instead of crust, is a transformation from your traditional pot pie. Try this delicious weekly meal now!
|2 cups||No Yolks Dumplings|
|2 medium||carrots, finely chopped|
|2 small||red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into ½-inch dice|
|1 Tbsp||vegetable oil|
|2 cups||baby portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|1 large||shallot, minced|
|4 each||boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks|
|1/2 tsp||salt, divided|
|1/2 tsp||ground black pepper, divided|
|1 cup||chicken broth|
|1/4 tsp||dried thyme leaves, crushed|
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Place the carrots and potatoes in a small pot with water to cover. Cook over high heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallot. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until shallot is tender.
- Place chicken in a resealable bag. Add flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Shake well to coat chicken with flour.
- Scoop mushrooms out of skillet and set aside. Add chicken chunks to skillet. Brown on both sides over medium heat, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add chicken broth.
- Scrape up browned bits in bottom of skillet. Return mushrooms to skillet. Add carrots and potatoes. Add thyme, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until broth is slightly thickened.
- Spoon chicken mixture into large shallow baking dish (a deep pie dish about 10 inches in diameter works well). Arrange noodles in a wide ring over the chicken. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the noodles are lightly browned and the dish is bubbling.