Creamy Chipotle Chicken Casserole
- Servings: 6
- Prep: 15
- Cook Time: 30
This creamy Tex-Mex casserole makes a comforting dinner dish with spicy chipotles in adobo, cooked shredded chicken, tomato paste and a delicious blend of cream cheese and shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
|12 oz.||No Yolks® Extra Broad|
|2 Tbsp||olive oil|
|1||green pepper, diced|
|1||red pepper, diced|
|1/3 cup||tomato paste|
|2 Tbsp||canned chipotle in adobo, finely chopped|
|2 cups||sodium-reduced chicken broth|
|8 oz.||plain brick-style cream cheese, cut into cubes|
|1 1/2 cups||cooked chicken, shredded|
|1 cup||Monterey Jack cheese, shredded|
|2 Tbsp||fresh cilantro, finely chopped|
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, green pepper and red pepper for about 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in tomato paste and chipotle; cook for 1 minute. 3. Stir in broth; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer; whisk in cream cheese until smooth and melted. Fold in chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss sauce with pasta until well coated. Transfer to greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of freshly grated lime zest or serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.