Sriracha Cheesy Noodles
- Servings: 6-8
Mac and cheese meets hot sauce in this cheesy Sriracha noodle bake. It’s got just enough heat for the adults, all the cheese for the kids and the noodle that cooks up firm and delicious every time.
|12 oz||No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles|
|3 cups||2% milk|
|1 can (12 oz)||evaporated milk|
|4 cups||shredded sharp Cheddar cheese|
|1/2 tsp||powdered mustard|
|1 tsp||onion powder|
|1 tsp||garlic powder|
|2 Tbsps||sriracha hot chili sauce|
|6 slices||Provolone cheese|
|1 cup||Parmesan cheese|
|salt and ground black pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, under cooking by about 2 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat; whisk in the flour and stir continuously for about 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in milk a little at a time, stirring continuously.
- Dissolve cornstarch into evaporated milk; gradually add to pan along with mustard powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper to taste and sriracha.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheese until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Add the cooked noodles, mixing until well coated.
- Pour half of the noodle mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer Provolone on top. Pour remaining noodles over Provolone.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
After baking, place under broiler until Parmesan is golden brown for a crusty top.