Creamy Turkey Pesto Pasta
- Servings: 6
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prepared with pecans and a medley of fresh herbs, this rich and creamy holiday-inspired turkey pasta makes an easy festive dinner.
|12 oz||No Yolks® Broad Noodles|
|3/4 cup||packed fresh parsley leaves|
|1/4 cup||packed fresh mint leaves|
|1/4 cup||packed fresh sage leaves|
|1 Tbsp||fresh rosemary leaves|
|1 cup||grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|1 cup||toasted pecan pieces, divided|
|1 tsp||salt, divided|
|1 tsp||black pepper, divided|
|1/2 cup||olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||freshly grated lemon zest|
|3 Tbsps||freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|1 1/2 lbs||turkey breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks|
|1 cup||heavy or whipping (35%) cream|
|1/2 cup||sliced drained jarred roasted red peppers|
|2 Tbsps||finely chopped fresh parsley|
- To food processor, add garlic and pulse until minced. Add parsley, mint, sage, rosemary, half the Parmesan, half the pecans, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Mix until blended. Drizzle in oil and blend until smooth. Add lemon zest and lemon juice; pulse to combine.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid; drain noodles.
- Meanwhile, season turkey with remaining salt and remaining pepper.
- In large skillet set over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is starting to soften. Stir in cream and roasted red peppers; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until starting to thicken.
- Add pesto, noodles and reserved cooking liquid. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until well coated and sauce clings to noodles.
- Top with remaining Parmesan, remaining pecans and parsley.
Substitute roasted red peppers with 1 cup halved grape tomatoes or 1/3 cup finely chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes.