Zesty Lemon Sweet Potato and Noodle Soup Bowl
- Servings: 6
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
With chicken, chickpeas and kale, this loaded power bowl makes a healthy and hearty dinner.
|8 oz.||No Yolks® Broad|
|3 Tbsp||olive oil, divided|
|3 cloves||garlic, minced and divided|
|2 Tbsp||fresh thyme, finely chopped|
|6 cup||reduced sodium chicken broth|
|4 cups||sweet potatoes, chopped|
|3/4 tsp||salt, divided|
|2 tsp||lemon zest|
|1/4 cup||lemon juice, divided|
|1/2 tsp||ground cumin|
|1 1/2 cup||shredded rotisserie chicken|
|1 can||(15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed|
|1 cup||packed shredded kale (stems removed)|
|1/3 cup||feta cheese, crumbled|
|2 Tbsp||fresh parsley, finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp||fresh cilantro, finely chopped|
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat. Cook onion, 2 tsp garlic and thyme for 3 to 5 minutes or until start to soften.
- Stir in broth, sweet potatoes, 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Puree soup using hand blender or stand blender until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup water and pasta. Cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in lemon zest and 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Meanwhile whisk together tahini paste, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp water and remaining olive oil until smooth. Stir in cumin and remaining each garlic, salt and pepper.
- Top soup with chicken, chickpeas, kale, crumbled feta and herbs. Drizzle with tahini sauce.
Substitute cilantro with mint or basil if desired. Substitute chickpeas with lentils.