Cube Steak & Gravy
- Servings: 4
Show the meat and potato-lovers there’s other options out there. It’s a delicious twist on an old favorite, because—maybe you’ve heard—dinner has no rules.Watch The Video
|1 package||No Yolks Broad Noodles|
|2 lbs||cube steak (about 4 pieces)|
|1 cup||all-purpose flour|
|1||Vidalia onion, sliced|
|1||green bell pepper, sliced|
|2 cups||beef stock or broth|
|Vegetable oil (for frying)|
- Season cube steak with seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika on all sides.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Dredge cube steak in seasoned flour and set aside
*Do not discard remaining seasoned flour*
- Add vegetable oil to a cast iron skillet and heat oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully add the cube steak into the skillet
*do not overcrowd your pan*
- Brown cube steak for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer cube steak to a pan to rest.
- Carefully remove all but 2-3 tablespoons of your frying oil from your skillet and add 2 tbsp of the remaining seasoned flour. Brown flour until it has absorbed all of the oil left in the skillet. This should take 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in beef stock and season gravy to taste.
- Cover cube steak with sliced onions and bell peppers.
- Cover them in the gravy and let them bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Serve immediately over No Yolks Noodles.