Cajun Fall Pasta
- Servings: 4-6
This light, easy recipe calls for corn, peas, and carrots, but these are suggestions, not rules—you can throw in any veggies you please.Watch The Video
|12 oz||No Yolks Broad Noodles|
|4||Thin Sliced Chicken|
|1 lb||Butternut Squash (diced)|
|8 oz||Sliced Mushrooms|
|1 cup||Chicken Broth|
|2 cups||Heavy Cream|
|1 tbsp||Corn Starch|
|2 tbsp||Cajun Seasoning|
|Salt & Pepper to taste|
|Sage for Garnish|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add diced Butternut Squash into a bowl. Drizzle with a good amount of Olive Oil and season with Salt and Pepper to taste. Mix well.
- On a baking sheet, spread out Butternut Squash and place in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
- In another bowl, add in cleaned thin sliced Chicken Breast. Drizzle in Olive Oil, add in 1 tsp of Salt, and 1 tbsp of Cajun Seasoning. Mix well.
- In a large deep skillet on medium heat, drizzle in a good amount of Olive Oil. Place in each Chicken Breast and cook on each side for 5-7 minutes or until cooked. (Note: If chicken begins to stick, add in a small amount of water).
- Once Chicken is finished, remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add in a drizzle of Olive Oil and Mushrooms. Sauté for about 3 minutes and then add in minced Garlic. Season with Salt and Pepper (Note: Add a small amount of water if mushrooms are sticking to pan)
- Sauté a few more minutes until Mushrooms are fully soft.
- Add in the 1 cup of Chicken Broth, and 2 cups of Heavy Cream. Add 1 tbsp of Cajun Seasoning and mix in well. Lower heat, and allow to simmer and thicken, occasionally stirring.
- While sauce is simmering, in a large pot, add water and cook the No Yolk Noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.***
- Add in the No Yolks Noodles and roasted Butternut Squash into the sauce. Mix until all ingredients are even throughout.
- Slice Chicken Breast and place on top of the Cajun Fall Noodles. Garnish with Sage leaves, serve, and enjoy.
For the sauce to become thicker, make a slurry by taking a half cup of the simmering sauce and 1 tbsp of Cornstarch and add into a bowl. Whisk until sauce is smooth and add to the pot of sauce. Mix well into sauce.