Hearty Pumpkin Soup
- Servings: 6
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
With brown butter, prosciutto and sage, this fall inspired soup is layered with gourmet flavors.
|6 oz.||No Yolks® Extra Broad|
|4 cups||pumpkin, diced|
|1/4 cup||fresh sage, chopped|
|1 Pinch||hot pepper flakes|
|6 cups||reduced sodium chicken broth|
|1 bunch||Swiss chard, trimmed and chopped|
|2 Tbsp||lemon juice|
|1/4 cup||chives, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lay prosciutto on parchment lined baking tray; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crispy. Crumble and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium-high heat, swirling pan until butter stops frothing and turns a light brown color, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook onion, pumpkin, garlic, sage, hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion starts to soften.
- Stir in broth and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until pumpkin is fork tender. Using a hand blender, puree soup until smooth and creamy.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in pasta and swiss chard and cook for 10 minutes or until pasta and veggies are tender. Stir in lemon juice. Serve soup with dollop of ricotta, crumbled prosciutto and chives.
Substitute pumpkin with butternut squash.