Minestrone Style Chicken Noodle Soup
- Servings: 6-8
- Prep: 15
- Cook Time: 40
Try this delish soup with diced tomatoes, white beans, Italian herbs, and a Parmesan garnish. A Chicken Noodle Soup with a delightful new twist to be tried by you!
|3 cups||No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles|
|2 Tbsps||olive oil|
|1||garlic clove, minced|
|2||celery ribs, chopped|
|1 tsp||fresh rosemary, stemmed and chopped|
|2 tsps||fresh oregano, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||tomato paste|
|1 tsp||crushed red pepper flakes, divided|
|15 oz||petite diced tomatoes|
|3 cups||cooked rotisserie chicken meat, shredded|
|15 oz||cannellini beans, rinsed and drained|
|4 cups||baby spinach|
|8 cups||chicken broth|
|2 Tbsps||flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|2 Tbsps||fresh basil leaves, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, rosemary, and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and crushed red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until some of the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles and beans and simmer until the noodles are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Stir in the chicken until heated through, then stir in the parsley and basil.
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil and grated Parmesan and serve.