Noodles and Clam Sauce
- Servings: 4
In the mood for Italian, but not something heavy? This classic sauce adds a tangy, savory flavor to your No Yolks without weighing you down.
|3 cups||No Yolks® Broad Noodles|
|1 Tbsp||olive oil|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|2 Tbsps||dry white wine|
|6.5 oz||chopped clams (liquid reserved)|
|1/2 cup||chicken broth|
|1/8 tsp||crushed red pepper flakes|
|1/4 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1/4||finely chopped parsley|
|1 tbsp||lemon zest|
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic and cook over low heat about 2 minutes, just until soft. Add white wine. Increase heat to high and reduce liquid by half.
- Drain clams and reserve clam broth.
- Add clam broth, chicken broth, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to skillet. Cook over high heat for 2 minutes or until the liquid is slightly reduced. Reduce heat to low.
- Add clams, cooked noodles, parsley and lemon zest. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until heated through.