Noodles with Charred Broccoli, Roasted Peppers & Pine Nuts
- Prep: 25
- Cook Time: 15
Easy, healthy, and meatless, this recipe is for those days when you look in the fridge and see nothing but a crown of broccoli looking back at you.
|1 pkg||No Yolks® Fine Noodles|
|1 cup||golden raisins|
|5 cups||large broccoli crowns, cut into small 3/4-inch florets|
|1/3 cup||pine nuts|
|1/2 tsp||coarse kosher salt|
|1 cup||extra virgin olive oil, divided|
|6||garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|1/4 tsp||red pepper flakes, or more to taste|
|12 oz||roasted red peppers, drained, chopped|
|1/3 cup||finely chopped Italian parsley|
|1||lemon, zested and juiced|
|1 1/2 cups||chicken broth|
|3 cups||pulled rotisserie chicken breast meat|
|6 oz||crumbled feta cheese|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook noodles and raisins in salted water 1 minute less than directed on package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine broccoli, pine nuts, salt and 2 tablespoons olive oil in large bowl. Spread in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until pine nuts are toasted and edges of broccoli begin to brown.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet on medium heat; add garlic and red pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic slices are light golden brown. Add roasted peppers, parsley, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and broth; bring to a boil. Add noodles, raisins and chicken; toss well on medium heat until combined. Remove pan from heat; add broccoli mixture and cheese. Sprinkle with zest.
- Serve this flavorful noodle dish right away while still warm or serve chilled as a lunch salad.
- Adding raisins to the pasta cooing water allows them to plump up and become juicy and tender.