Vegetable Lo Mein
- Servings: 6
When you start making this classic Chinese comfort meal, your just minutes away from a dish rich with vegetables and tastes of ginger and hoisin sauce.
|12 oz||No Yolks® Stir Fry Noodles|
|2 Tbsps||vegetable oil|
|3||baby bok choy, quartered|
|4 oz||fresh mushrooms, quartered|
|1||red bell pepper, chopped|
|8 oz||sliced water chestnuts, drained|
|1 Tbsp||fresh ginger root, grated|
|1||garlic clove, chopped|
|3/4 cup||vegetable broth|
|1/2 cup||hoisin sauce|
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Heat a large wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat. Add bok choy, mushrooms, red bell pepper, water chestnuts, ginger and garlic. Stir fry until vegetables are crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine broth and cornstarch. Stir in hoisin sauce.
- Add sauce mixture to wok. Increase heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add cooked noodles and stir until coated with sauce.
Use this recipe to make use of leftover vegetables you may already have on hand like onion, carrots, spinach or snow peas.