One-Pot Deluxe Pizza Pasta
Faster than takeout pizza, this cheesy one-pan pizza pasta with sausage, pepperoni, veg and fresh basil is both hearty and tasty.
|1 pkg (12 oz)||No Yolks® Dumplings|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|10 oz||sweet Italian sausages, casings removed|
|1||green bell pepper, sliced|
|1||small onion, sliced|
|2 oz||pepperoni, thinly sliced and divided|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tsp||dried oregano|
|1/2 tsp||black pepper|
|4 cups||reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|2 cups||marinara sauce|
|3 cups||shredded mozzarella cheese, divided|
|1/4 cup||thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, divided|
- Preheat broiler.
- Into large ovenproof Dutch oven or high-sided skillet set over medium-high heat, add oil. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in green pepper, onion, half the pepperoni, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until sausage is browned and vegetables are starting to soften. Stir in broth and marinara sauce; bring to a boil.
- Stir in noodles. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups mozzarella and half the basil. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and top with remaining pepperoni.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
- Garnish with remaining basil before serving.