Roasted Butternut Squash, Sausage and Noodle Soup
- Servings: 6
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
A cross between a soup and a stew, this hearty one pot dish makes an easy weeknight dinner.
|6 oz.||No Yolks® Extra Broad|
|4 cups||cubed butternut squash, about 1-inch pieces|
|6 cloves||garlic, whole|
|3 Tbsp||olive oil, divided|
|8 oz||Italian sausage, casing removed|
|1/4 cup||fresh sage leaves, roughly torn|
|1/4 tsp||crushed red pepper flakes|
|6 cups||reduced sodium chicken broth|
|1 can||(19 oz.) cannellini beans|
|2 Tbsp||lemon juice|
|1/3 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Toss butternut squash with garlic, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp oil. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat. Cook sausage for 3 to 5 minutes or until starts to brown. Stir in onion, sage and chili flakes. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until start to soften.
- Stir in broth, beans and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until flavours marry.
- Stir in pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in roasted butternut squash and garlic; using fork to mash roasted garlic into soup.
- Stir in lemon juice and serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
Substitute cannellini beans with Great Northern Beans or romano beans. Use sweet or spicy sausage depending on your preference.For a tangy twist, feel free to substitute the heavy cream with crème fraîche.