Roasted Tomato and Basil Salad
A delicious side dish to any meal, the roasted tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan are perfect together.
|4oz||No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles|
|3 cups||grape tomatoes|
|1||garlic clove, minced|
|1 Tbsp||olive oil|
|1/2 cup||shredded Parmesan cheese|
|1/4 cup||minced fresh basil|
|2||scallions, finely chopped|
|1/2 cup||fresh, drained mozzarella cheese, coarsely shredded|
|4 tsp||white wine vinegar|
|1/8 tsp||crushed red pepper flakes (optional)|
|1/4 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1 1/2 tsp||olive oil|
Prepare noodles according to package directions.
For the Salad:
- Place tomatoes and garlic in shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and season with salt.
- Roast in preheated 400-degree oven for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tomatoes are plump and tender. Set aside until room temperature.
- Place tomatoes, garlic and pan juices in large salad bowl. Add cooked noodles, Parmesan cheese, basil, scallions and capers. Toss gently, but well. Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese.
For the Dressing:
- Stir together vinegar, salt, red pepper flakes and pepper in a cup.
- Stir in oil.
- Pour over prepared salad; toss gently, but well.