Skillet Vegetable Dinner
- Servings: 6
Zucchini, asparagus, and peppers create the perfect vegetable mash-up for this colorful skillet dinner.
|6 oz||No Yolks® Broad Noodles|
|1 lb||asparagus, trimmed, cut diagonally into 1-1/2 inch pieces|
|2 Tbsps||olive oil|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1||red onion, thinly sliced|
|1||zucchini, trimmed, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced|
|1 cup||red bell pepper, thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup||low sodium chicken broth|
|1/4 tsp||ground black pepper|
|3/4 cup||shaved Parmesan cheese|
|1/4 cup||chopped fresh basil leaves|
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Place asparagus in large pot of boiling water. Blanch for 1 minute. Drain well.
- Heat oil in very large skillet (or Dutch oven). Add blanched asparagus, garlic, onion, zucchini and bell pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender, but not mushy, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth to skillet and scrape up any browned bits. Add cooked noodles, salt and pepper. Simmer until hot, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cheese and toss to mix. Sprinkle on basil and toss again.