Spanish-Style Noodles with Chicken and Peppers
- Servings: 4
Hungry for a new idea? Try a little Spanish inspiration in this easy recipe of chicken accented with roasted peppers served over tender noodles.
|2 cups||No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles|
|1 Tbsp||olive oil|
|1||garlic clove, minced|
|1||onion, thinly sliced|
|1 lb||boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips|
|1/4 cup||dry sherry|
|1 tsp||smoked paprika|
|1/2 cup||sliced pimiento-stuffed olives|
|1/4 tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|4||roasted red pepper, cut into strips|
|1/2 cup||reduced sodium chicken broth|
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add garlic and onion and cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is tender. Push vegetables to one side.
- Add chicken and brown, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sherry and scrape up any browned bits. Stir in paprika and pepper.
- Add olives, red pepper strips and broth. Stir well. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Stir in hot cooked noodles to chicken mixture and simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors.