- Servings: 5
Get creative and take stuffed peppers to the next level with No Yolks Broad Noodles, ground chuck and zesty Italian herbs.
|2 cups||No Yolks® Broad Noodles|
|2 tsps||vegetable oil, divided|
|1||garlic clove, minced|
|1||onion, finely chopped|
|28 oz||stewed tomatoes|
|5||green or red bell peppers|
|1 Tbsp||vegetable oil, divided|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1 cup||celery, chopped|
|1 cup||ground beef|
|1 tsp||dried Italian herbs|
|1/4 tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|14 1/2 oz||diced tomatoes|
|1 Tbsp||parsley, chopped|
|1/8 tsp||crushed red pepper flakes (optional)|
Prepare noodles according to package directions.
To Prepare Tomato Sauce:
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic and onion. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes; stir in salt. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Spread sauce in bottom of 10 X 14 or 10 X 15-inch-baking pan. Set aside.
To Prepare Stuffed Peppers:
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add bell peppers, 2 or 3 at a time, and blanch for 2 minutes, pressing down into water using a wooden spoon. Remove. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion, garlic and celery. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add ground beef. Brown, while breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon. Pour off any accumulated fat.
- Stir in salt, Italian seasoning blend, pepper, red pepper flakes and tomatoes. Stir in parsley. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cooked noodles.
- Cut each pepper lengthwise in half. Pull out core and seeds. Place halves, cut-side up, in baking pan, over tomato sauce. Spoon ground beef filling into pepper cavities, about 1/2 cup per half.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 25 minutes or until filling is browned and peppers are tender.