Super Creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet
- Servings: 8
All the warm comforting flavors of chicken noodle soup in an easy skillet dinner. No Yolks® noodles always cook up firm and delicious making this a go-to dish for any night of the week.
|6 oz||No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles|
|1 cup||panko bread crumbs|
|1 Tbsp||butter, melted|
|1 1/4 tsps||salt, divided|
|1/4 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1 Tbsp||olive oil|
|3 cups||(8 oz.) sliced mushrooms|
|3 medium||carrots, thinly sliced|
|1 small||onion, chopped|
|1 tsp||garlic powder|
|32 ozs||chicken broth|
|1||fresh sprig of thyme|
|8 oz||light cream cheese, softened|
|1/2 cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 1/2 Tbsps||all purpose flour|
|2 cups||cooked chicken breast, cubed|
- Combine panko breadcrumbs, melted butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper. Transfer to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Toast breadcrumb mixture for 5 minutes, shaking occasionally, until golden brown.
- Remove from heat; set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Heat olive oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms, celery, carrots, onion, remaining salt and garlic powder for 5 minutes or until tender. Add broth and thyme sprig; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese, Parmesan and uncooked noodles. Stir until well blended. Sprinkle flour over top of mixture. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender, and chicken is heated through.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with toasted breadcrumb mixture before serving.
If desired, you may substitute drained, canned tuna or turkey for the chicken.