Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Servings: 8
Quite possibly the ultimate comfort meal, this American classic makes quick work of feeding a full house.
|6 oz||No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles|
|1 Tbsp||olive oil|
|3 cups||sliced fresh mushrooms|
|1 cup||celery, chopped|
|1 1/2 cups||frozen peas, thawed|
|1 tsp||garlic powder|
|1 quart||vegetable broth|
|1 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp||fresh sprig of thyme|
|8 oz||light cream cheese, softened|
|3 Tbsps||all purpose flour|
|5 oz||tuna, drained and flaked|
|1 cup||shredded Cheddar cheese|
|1 tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|1 cup||panko bread crumbs|
|1 Tbsp||panko bread crumbs|
|1 tsp||ground black pepper|
- Combine topping ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees. Add olive oil to a 7-quart stock pot, and sauté mushrooms, celery, onions and garlic powder for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add broth,Worcestershire sauce and thyme sprig and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese and uncooked noodles, stirring until creamy and smooth. Sprinkle flour over top of mixture.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in tuna and peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a 3-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle on cheddar cheese and topping mixture. Bake uncovered 15 min.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.