Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Servings: 8
Quite possibly the ultimate comfort meal, this American classic makes quick work of feeding a full house.
|6 oz||No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles|
|1 Tbsp||olive oil|
|3 cups||sliced fresh mushrooms|
|1 cup||celery, chopped|
|1 1/2 cups||frozen peas, thawed|
|1 tsp||garlic powder|
|1 quart||vegetable broth|
|1 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp||fresh sprig of thyme|
|8 oz||light cream cheese, softened|
|3 Tbsps||all purpose flour|
|5 oz||tuna, drained and flaked|
|1 cup||shredded Cheddar cheese|
|1 tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|1 cup||panko bread crumbs|
|1 Tbsp||panko bread crumbs|
|1 tsp||ground black pepper|
- Combine topping ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees. Add olive oil to a 7-quart stock pot, and sauté mushrooms, celery, onions and garlic powder for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add broth,Worcestershire sauce and thyme sprig and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese and uncooked noodles, stirring until creamy and smooth. Sprinkle flour over top of mixture.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in tuna and peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a 3-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle on cheddar cheese and topping mixture. Bake uncovered 15 min.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
Are you an onion lover? The crispy onion topping only enhances this classic casserole! Combine fried onions with the butter and bread crumb topping and give your dish even more flavor.