Turkey Bean Chili and Noodle Soup
- Servings: 4
- Prep: 30
- Cook Time: 45
A mix of tasty tex-mix flavors with turkey, beans, and noodles in a bowl of chili soup topped with an irresistible cilantro-jalapeño chimichurri sauce.
|8 oz||No Yolks® Dumplings|
|2 Tbsp||olive oil|
|12 oz||lean ground turkey|
|2 tsp||salt and pepper|
|1||poblano pepper, seeded and diced|
|1||stalk celery, diced|
|4 tsp||chili powder|
|1 1/2 tsp||ground cumin|
|4 cups||sodium-reduced chicken broth|
|15 oz||pinto beans, drained and rinsed|
|2 cups||diced tomatoes|
|2/3 cup||finely chopped fresh cilantro|
|1/4 cup||olive oil|
|2 Tbsp||seeded diced jalapeño pepper|
|3 Tbsp||lime juice|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
- Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium-high heat; cook turkey, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in onion, poblano, celery, chili powder and cumin; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Stir in broth and beans; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in 2 cups water, pasta and tomatoes; return to boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta are tender.
- Chimichurri: Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together cilantro, oil, jalapeño, lime juice, garlic and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Divide soup among 4 bowls. Top with drizzle of chimichurri.
- If children (or adults) are not bean fans, purée the beans with some of the broth until smooth, then stir into soup.