Broccoli Cheddar Noodle Pie
- Servings: 4
A lot of people don’t get excited about broccoli. They need to add some Cheddar cheese and see what they’ve been missing.
|8 oz||No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles|
|1/2||yellow onion, chopped|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|3/4 cup||chicken broth|
|1/2 cup||heavy cream|
|2 cups||broccoli florets|
|2 cups||Cheddar cheese, shredded|
|3 large||eggs, beaten|
|1/4 cup||panko bread crumbs|
|1 Tbsp||olive oil|
|coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and butter a pie dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onions until soft and translucent, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds more. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, and stir constantly until flour is cooked through and golden, 2 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth, then heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Add broccoli and let simmer until bright green, 2 minutes. Add cooked noodles and season again with salt and pepper. Add cheese and stir to combine. Transfer to prepared pie dish. Pour beaten eggs over mixture and gently toss.
- In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs and olive oil and season with salt. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake until bubbly and golden, 45 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes, then slice and serve.